Founded by two brothers, David Khym and Kenny Khym, Wicked Fashions, Inc. began in 1991 when it launched its flagship brand, SOUTHPOLE® in New York, the fashion capital of the world.
SOUTHPOLE started as a premium urban brand. With its legendary puffy “bubble” jacket and 4180 ™ Relaxed Fit denim pants, SOUTHPOLE influenced the beginning of urban fashion in American street culture. Wicked Fashions quickly established itself as the leader in translating the looks and trends of the premium brands that were popular on the Streets into wearable, accessible clothing sought after by a broad swath of young men and women.
In 2010, the company added a brand line labeled WT02® that offered more targeted design viewpoints and captured edgy looks and hip details from young urban street wear.
Over its more than 25 years’ history, Wicked Fashions has been doing business in the United States, Canada, Asia and Europe as an urban fashion designer, wholesaler and licensor with thousands of active retailers.
222 Bridge Plaza South
Fort Lee. NJ 07024
525 7th Avenue. Suite 1709
New York, NY 10018
HISTORY OF COMPANY
- After operating retail stores for about ten years in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn and in Jamaica Queens, David and Kenny Khym form Wicked Fashions, Inc. and launch the SOUTHPOLE brand.
- SOUTHPOLE is awarded the JCPenney Divisional Award for Men’s Apparel.
- Sears begins carrying SOUTHPOLE.
- The Company launches a new line, LOT29®, that uses cartoon characters licensed from Warner Brothers and other leading entertainment companies.
- The Company launches the SOUTHPOLE juniors line, and in the same year is awarded the JCPenney Division award for Women’s Apparel.
- David Khym is selected as Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Wicked Fashions sponsors an outfield billboard at Shea Stadium, the former home of the New York Mets.
- Khym brothers profiled in FORBES, which reported that SOUTHPOLE is JCPenney’s strongest young men’s brand.
- The Company launches its WHITETAG® and A. PRODIGEE® brands.
- The Company introduces the WT02® brand.
- WWD features the Company with a MILESTONES cover story, “SOUTHPOLE at 20”, profiling Wicked Fashions’ and celebrating its 20th anniversary.
- The Company launches its “Speak up, Step up” anti bullying campaign.
- SOUTHPOLE’s licensing program includes footwear, headwear, hosiery, eyewear, kids, bags, and other licensee selling in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Southpole Foundation continuously supports and awards scholarships to students who don't have the financial means to attend colleges.
- SOUTHPOLE revamps with a new identity logo.
- The company launches a new line, SP Active® for everyday basic, active wear.
- The company introduces Southpole Antarctic Expedition Outerwear Collection.